Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Pine

This is my pine( white I think) . I got it last year as a gift for my brother. He had a few trees and seemed very interested in continuing with bonsai. I didn't know this at the time, but he had killed all of his trees with his enthusiasm.He told me to keep it at my house and he'd pick it up later....he never picked it up.
 It developed a fungal infection this spring. the new needles were turning yellow and falling off. I used a cap full of peroxide and 28 ounces(An old windex bottle) of water. I sprayed the tree once a day for 3 weeks then 3 times a week for another few weeks. Now I just do it every 4 or 5 days. I have to pick a few dying needles of this tree every day...still. Pines recover slowly so I will continue spraying it.


No comments:

Post a Comment