Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Sourwood.

This is a sourwood tree that I got  for $5.00 in late spring.The whole top of this tree was dead, so I cut it off before I even put it in my truck. It has a nasty bend in the trunk..the whole thing is wrong....but I liked it.  I liked the way this tree looked straight on. The nasty bend wasn't very pronounced that way.


 I wired a new leader that I will let thicken up. I also wired a few branches. It took less than a month for the branches to hold in place. The new leader wire I left on for 6 weeks. It was a little too long. It was starting to scar when I took it off..here are a few pictures of the tree.
Next spring I will do something about the stump sticking out of the side and re-pot it in better soil. Hopefully it will back bud lower down.
Here is the tree unwired getting ready for fall...and winter :(

No comments:

Post a Comment